PURSUE YOUR CALLING, EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME - TODAY!
Doctor of Philosophy - Pastoral Ministry Leadership
For general admission standards, see the tab on requirement. In addition, the following specific requirements are necessary for admission to the Ph.D. program (students lacking these specific requirements may complete courses in the appropriate areas to qualify.
1. A graduate degree from an accredited institution and at least 9 graduate hours. (Certain courses may substitute for some of the philosophy requirement.)
2. A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in previous graduate studies.
3. Submit adequate test scores no older than five years from the Graduate Record Examination (official transcript or unofficial transcript)
5. Undergo an interview with the admissions committee or its representatives.
6. Take and pass an entrance exam that allows the applicant to demonstrate basic knowledge in theology, biblical studies, apologetics, and philosophy of religion. The entrance exam must be taken within two weeks of receiving the study questions.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements must be admitted to other graduate programs to complete recommended and required work to remove deficiencies. Such students will be required to maintain a 3.5 GPA and demonstrate superior research skills.
Students may be full time (9 hrs. or more per semester) or part time (less than 9 hrs. per semester). Courses are offered to students as semester classes or modules via live streaming.
Not more than four courses (12 hours) from other Ph.D. or equivalent research–based doctoral courses may be considered for transfer.
The student will be required to pass written and oral comprehensive exams prior the acceptance of the dissertation prospectus.
The student is required to produce a Dissertation that makes an original contribution to his or her field of study.
Details of the Prospectus, Dissertation, and Defense are specified on the student form of direction given during the student enrollment. Students must maintain continuous enrollment each semester until the Dissertation is completed and defended (see Continuous
In addition, candidates for the Ph.D. degree must have completed the entire course program for that degree, with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better, within the specified time limits, submit, and have accepted, a dissertation according to the requirements in the program. The completion of these minimal requirements does not automatically qualify a student for the degree.
The candidate must evidence to the satisfaction of the faculty proven Christian character and ability in Christian ministry.
LIMITATIONS AND PROGRAM CONTINUATION
The Ph.D. program must be completed within (4) years of enrollment. Applications for extensions to this time frame must be approved by the Academic Committee.
PH5005 Reading and Research - A1
PH5006 Reading and Research - B2
PH5007 Gospel of Job A1 and B2
PH5008 Feast of Israel
PH5009 Ministry Leadership PS615
PH5010 Book of Isaiah A1 and B2
PH5011 Strategic Pastoral Counseling
DISS05 Dissertation Prospectus